Wednesday, August 11, 2010

230503 review @ www.progarchives.com


I kept telling myself I have to review this album. It is a very good record, exceptional for a debut, exceptional in almost every sense.

What we get here is a brand of prog that falls under neo-crossover-symphonic so the band is pretty genre-defying which I admire. It came as unexpected to me, I only read three reviews of the album and was kind of going on a limb, but I've loved the album since first listen.

Their is some type of concept that I have not been able to decipher (making me listen harder) and the music is very intriquing (making each listen enjoyable).

The music itself is kind of hard to describe because the mood shifts quite a bit throughout but overall there is a sort of heavy acoustic feel. When they rock out, they really rock out though and the saxophone is an addition that really gives the album a good flavor.

Just simple decent music. A kind that I haven't seen in awhile. 5 stars (practically without hesitation).

No comments:

Post a Comment